Musings from a Pastor, Educator, Wife, and Mother





Friday, August 12, 2016

Predestined

Lord you have assigned me my portion and my coup; you have made my lot secure.  The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.--Psalm 16:5-6

Yonder is the sea, great and wide, creeping things are innumerable there, living things both small and great. --Psalm 104:25

I.
Turtles
break through sand;
army of soldiers
mottled green armor.
No lines,
no road to follow
only empty colors
of white shell sand,
orange-red sky
and a liquid topaz horizon.

II.
Turtle,
the wanderer,
the lone survivor
makes her way to saltwater.
Predestined,
the tide pulls her
into the curve
of God's smile
where water meets land;
a foam sea baptism. 

No comments:

Post a Comment