Musings from a Pastor, Educator, Wife, and Mother





Thursday, April 4, 2019

What is the world inviting you to create right now?

I wasn't sure what the next question would be, or where it would come from.... and wouldn't you know, David Lamotte posed this question on Facebook, "What is the world inviting you to create right now?"  Oh, what an intriguing question!  God's been sending me lots of "winks" lately, as my friend Meagan would say.  I have to wonder, perhaps God has been winking at me liberally all along, I just didn't see it. 

I've talked a lot about it, but I do think the world is inviting me to create healthy habits right now.  To give an update to those who follow this blog, I have succeeded, two days in a row, to waking up before the rest of my household and spending time in devotion.  Turns out, my coffee pot will create the sweet nectar of the gods, the hot, brown, magic potion; before the sun rises.  Turns out, I can meditate without falling back to sleep!  It isn't perfect meditation, but it is an attempt--so all to the good. 

I have not succeeded in writing this blog, every day of lent, but close.  Sometimes the effort is just as satisfying as the achievement.  So, keep trying. 

And another thing I am called to create (I wouldn't necessarily say, "the world", I would say, "God" but you consider whatever works best for you); I think shaping authenticity is a big part of my life's work right now.  Living in ways that are authentically my own.  Adulting=hard.  Parenting=hard.  Ministry=hard.  I am human and I cannot have it ALL together ALL the time.  Admitting this to myself, and to others when I need to set boundaries or take rest; very important.  It all comes down to openness and awareness of self. 

Are you aware of your needs?  Are you watching for the winks?  What are you being called upon to create? 

1 comment:

  1. Nice writing. I have maintained a blog since 2004 (one is public and one is semi-private). It is hard to maintain a daily posting. In my main blog, I generally post twice a week--Sunday's sermon and another blog post which can range from book reviews to short pieces of memoir to poetry or travel. You are missed here along the Parkway.

    ReplyDelete