Musings from a Pastor, Educator, Wife, and Mother





Thursday, October 11, 2018

Everyday Graces Part II

My son started playing with this little boy at the playground immediately. They quickly bonded over a hot wheels car. I wish we could so easily be kind, and share, and make friends as adults. Instead of focusing on how they are strangers or might be different, they chose to enjoy each other's company based upon common ground. #EverydayGraces



Admiration. When your little boy is still young enough to want to be like you. K and I play a game where we turn our backs to each other and draw with chalk, then we switch sides and draw something else. When we traded places this time he replicated by flower. I like his better. It is amazing the grace we are shown by our children when we often feel we are pulling our hair or struggling through the day.#EverydayGraces #selfcarefriday



Trying to enjoy the snuggles with this kitty, even though I am itching to get some things accomplished. Atticus Finch (Heffy) is 12 years old. He has been sick with an acute respiratory infection for weeks now. We've been trying lots of things to help him get well. Some days I feel encouraged and others I think our snuggles won't be an option much longer. The bond with a pet is special. Love is expressed without words. What a gift to experience this unconditional love of a furry friend.#EverydayGraces



Blue skies. Sundays are full days so I did not post yesterday. By the time we were home I did not have many thinking cells left. But, I am continually amazed how *hot* it still is outside and that I finally long for autumn weather! Blue skies and puffy white clouds are a wonderful reminder of God's creation and God's perfect timing. #EverydayGraces



This guy had a stay at home day since school was out and he has been building with these magnetic blocks all afternoon. It has been fun to see him drawing, building, creating in more elaborate ways in recent months. It is just amazing to witness how a mind actually grows! #EverydayGraces



Today's post is a dedication. This is an image I actually took years ago of my beloved alma mater, Hollins University. Today I am mindful of the Hollins sisters who are a constant support and driving force in my life. I cannot imagine life without their presence and sometimes the miles between us seems unbearable. But no matter what, when the need arises, we rally. We rally as rebels, warriors, mothers, wives, sisters, friends. I would be lost without you ladies. By the grace of God, I lift my eyes to the hills. #myhollins #EverydayGraces



This is a photo of fellowship dinner at Covenant tonight. Our program was led by John & Ginny Fedison who shared pictures and stories from their recent world cruise. John & Ginny are special members to me because they were also members at the church in Appomattox where I served before moving to Covenant. They moved here to be closer to family shortly after we moved. They have always been supportive of my ministry and family. Also such faithful Presbyterians. #EverydayGraces



Miracles. I've witnessed some in my life for sure. Have you? I am struck by Moffic's description of miracles which causes me to reflect on my experiences in a different way. #EverydayGraces


No comments:

Post a Comment