Musings from a Pastor, Educator, Wife, and Mother





Monday, October 22, 2018

Everyday Graces Part III

Image may contain: one or more people, house, tree and outdoor
It felt like fall today! 🍁🍂 K & I spent time running some errands for much of the day and he played in the sun this afternoon. This evening we had dinner with my folks to celebrate M and I's birthdays. On the drive home the sky was beautiful pink, lavender, and orange as the sun set. The grace of a beautiful day.#EverydayGraces #selfcarefriday

Image may contain: 1 person, living room, table and indoor
You guys. One of my favorite seminary professors, Dr. Frances Taylor Gench came and spoke at Covenant tonight. I love her because she brings such passion for the study of scripture and she teaches in a way that is accessible to all. She raises hard questions and confesses her own struggles with difficult texts. Tomorrow she preaches at Covenant and I am privileged to sit in the congregation. I can't wait! #EverydayGraces

Image may contain: 4 people, including Whitney S. Roberts, people smiling
I think I've calculated that we have celebrated 28 birthdays together!! That includes at least 6 halloween's together, 6 graduations (btw high school, college and grad school), 28 Christmases, and I *think* 10 Hanson shows. I have enjoyed all of our adventures and give thanks for the ways in which you have modeled quiet strength and grace for me. Xoxo, @wifonlyr #EverydayGraces

Image may contain: flower, plant, nature and outdoor
Seems like a nice way to begin 35. This day did not seem go as planned, nothing terrible, just hiccups along the way. But I did manage to meet some goals I set for myself in terms of health and activity. Last year I began #selfcarefriday on my birthday and I've done pretty well sticking to it. This year I want to feel better and more positive overall. So, drinking more water, eating well, and more physical activity are on the agenda. Blooming. #EverydayGraces

No automatic alt text available.
Today we did CPR-AED certification at church. I was pleased we had a full room of participants! I spent a lot of the day remembering Kemper's first febrile seizure the day before his first bday when he stopped breathing. It was so frightening for us and everything I had learned in parenting classes flew out of my brain. So appreciative of 911 dispatchers and first responders! #EverydayGraces

Image may contain: 3 people, including Michael Mitchell, people smiling, closeup
This. Just my sweet little family. I am appreciative of my spouse in particular because in my moments of worry, like last night when K spiked a fever, he never leaves my (our) side. It gives me comfort to know I am not alone, at just the right moment. #EverydayGraces

Image may contain: fire, night and food
Church retreat weekend. Love this fire we gathered around for gourmet s'mores and singing! The flame had a little extra twist with some blue & green!!#EverydayGraces

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sitting
Came home from a very successful weekend church retreat and built a Lego plane with this kid. Parenthood. Ever a lesson in patience 🤗#EverydayGraces

No comments:

Post a Comment