Musings from a Pastor, Educator, Wife, and Mother





Friday, March 15, 2019

What does your ideal day look like?

What does your ideal day look like? 


This quote from Miss Congeniality popped into my mind immediately!  Stan asks Miss Rhode Island what is her idea of the perfect date and this was her response.  Too funny, such a great movie! 

I wonder what is meant by, "ideal day"?  Does this mean, an ordinary day?  Because if so I think an ideal day is one where we all wake up happy, get out the door on time, eat healthy meals, and enjoy sunshine!  A day where we do not have to worry about anything in the world except enjoying each other and people we love.  Or maybe it is a day where ideally I hit the goals for waking up early, getting in morning devotions, eating 3 square meals, exercising, and getting a good night sleep. 
But if we are talking about dreaming up a day just for me, where I had endless amounts of time, energy and money, what would I do with myself?  First of all, teleportation has to be a thing for all of this to work.  Or maybe I just have to think of like a few days worth of scenarios--an ideal week!  Hmmm...
1)I would love to take a trip to Greece with my spouse.  If resources were endless and we could just wriggle our noses and be there, yes that would be amazing.  We have always said we wanted to go there and I hope one day this will come true, but that would be an ideal trip for the two of us.  

2) A day where I can go get a massage, eat lettuce wraps from P.F. Chang, and go on a shopping spree. Pants, tops, dresses, shoes, accessories, books.... all the things!  All of my tribe could come too, because you know, solidarity.  If my Hollins sisters were there, and my seminary pals, and my Hanson girls were present... I mean wow, we would be unstoppable.  

3) A full day at a beautiful quiet beach where we can go as a family and stay all day long without sunburns or rip tides. A magical place where sand doesn't stick...to anything! ;)  I would also be happy if the water were calm and clear and there was an easily accessible, clean restroom and delicious restaurant on hand.  I want a resort.  Clearly. 

4) A beautiful, warm day in Montreat, NC.  Where there was time to sit by the lake and read a good book or write. A day with plenty of time to go into Black Mountain and visit the shops and eat at My Father's Pizza.  An afternoon of rock hopping and Huckleberry ice cream.  And a worshipful evening in the Aud to round out the day.  

5) I would love to go to Hanson Day in Tulsa.  It's really a weekend instead of a day, but gosh, I would so love to go with my girls to OK and visit 3CG studios, go to member's only concerts and get photos taken with the band. Can anyone say, "buy me all the merch!"   I'd love to see where they live and what they have built!  I would enjoy the Brady Arts District and splurging on goodies at Ida Red.  

In truth, every day we wake up to a new sunrise is an ideal day.  I know an older gentleman, and every time I would ask him, "How are you today?" He would always say, "Oh, better than I deserve."  So, all in all, I'd say today was a pretty ideal day too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment